* 104(a) Qualified Structured Settlement Annuity
** All guarantees are subject to the financial strength and claims paying ability of Metropolitan Tower Life Insurance Company.
3. Free from federal, state and local taxes.
4. Free from federal tax, but state and local taxes may apply.
5. Subject to Federal Direct Insurance Corporation (FDIC) limits.
6. If held to maturity, if sold prior to maturity guaranteed payments will not fully be received and the price will reflect current market conditions.
7. Free from state and local tax, but federal tax applies.
8. A small subset of these securities called Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities (TIPS) provide a hedge against Consumer Price Index (CPI) defined inflation.
9. Must be used for qualifying expenses and there is an investment cap.
10. For current ratings information and a more complete analysis of the financial strength of MetLife, Inc. and its subsidiaries, please go to www.metlife.com and click on “About MetLife,” “Ratings.”
Any discussion of taxes is for general informational purposes only and does not purport to be complete or cover every situation. MetLife, its agents and representatives may not give legal, tax or accounting advice and this document should not be construed as such. You should confer with your qualified legal, tax and accounting advisors as appropriate.